This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Easy steps on how to sprout broccoli seeds!
Broccoli seeds are very easy to sprout in your own kitchen. All you need is a container and the seeds!
Broccoli sprouts are extremely beneficial for your health! Broccoli sprouts contain 10 to 100 times the amount of cancer fighter compounds than mature broccoli.One compound in particular is sulforaphane, which is anti-cancer and antimicrobial. Sulforaphane in broccoli is reduced up to 90% when broccoli is cooked.
Not only do broccoli sprouts contain cancer fighter compounds, they also boost your immune system and increase antioxidant activity. Broccoli sprouts contain a high level of antioxidants such as vitamin A, C and E. All of which boost the immune system and reduce the amount of free-radicals in our bodies.
Make sure you use organic broccoli seeds for even more health benefits!
1. Choose a container to use. A glass jar works great.
(Optional: cover the jar with a piece of cloth while allowing the sprouts to get air. The sprouts can grow with no covering too)
2. Put your broccoli seeds in the jar. ( A couple tablespoons of seeds depending on the size of your jar)
3. Pour water into the jar with seeds and allow them to soak for 8 hours.
4. After 8 hours remove the water and rinse the seeds. Continue to rinse the seeds 2 times a day.
5. In 5 to 7 days your sprouts will be ready to eat!
Leave a Reply