This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I first tried an avocado about 3 years ago and I’ve been eating them only one way – chopped up – as a dip. But recently, I’ve compiled a list of 15 ways to use avocados – Who knew there were so many other ways to use avocados and enjoy them!
Here is my list I’m sharing with you of some of the ways to use avocados from using them in eggs at breakfast to making ice cream. I’ve recently been experimenting with using them all different ways and can’t believe I’ve been missing out on all these great ways to include them in my diet and beauty routine.
Benefits of Avocados:
There’s a great reason why you should try out some of these ways to use avocados and that’s because of all of the amazing health benefits! You know how they used to say an apple a day will keep the doctor away? Instead of an apple, many say “eat an avocado a day now to keep the doctor away”.
Avocados are full of nutrients! They contain a high amount of protein, fiber, and folate. They’re also a great source of phytonutrients which reduce inflammation in your body. Avocados contain a high amount of antioxidants and vitamins A, B, C, E, and K too! It’s really a super food. Studies have also found that eating an avocado daily can help lower our bad cholesterol.
Not only are avocados great for eating, but you can also use them for your skin and hair. They are naturally moisturizing and soothing.
15 Ways to Use Avocados
1. Toast with Avocado and Egg- Mash up an avocado, spread it on toast and put a cooked egg on top. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. It makes a quick and delicious breakfast!
2. Avocado Salad Dressing- Make a mixture of avocado, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to create a creamy and fantastic salad dressing.
3. Avocado Ice Cream- Super healthy and tastes amazing! If you like avocados, this is a must try recipe! All you need to make it is 2 avocados, honey, milk, sea salt, and lime.
4. Egg Baked in Avocado- This looks so cool and tastes even better! Slice an avocado in half and then crack an egg into each half. Place them in the oven and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. After you take them out of the oven, add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Make Avocado Fries- I’ve never made avocado fries before, but they sure do look amazing! I’m going to try out the recipe this weekend. Just slice up some avocados, squeeze some lime juice on them, dip in egg, and coat in breadcrumbs. I’ll be using gluten-free breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Face Mask- Just mash up an avocado and add 1 egg white. Stir the mixture and apply it to your face. The face mask is hydrating, moisturizing and soothing. When I use it, I’ve noticed a decrease in redness too. This is one of my favorite ways to use avocados in my beauty routine.
7. Hair Mask – Mash an avocado with a little lemon juice and olive oil to make a hydrating and moisturizing hair mask. You can use it in place of conditioner or just as a once a week deep conditioning treatment.
8. Scrambled Eggs with Avocado- Last week, when I went out for breakfast, I ordered scrambled eggs with avocado. Prior to that, I never thought about adding them to scrambled eggs. It tasted delicious! I will definitely order it again or make it at home.
9. Put it on a Burger- This is one of my favorite uses for avocados! Slice the avocado into small strips or mash the avocado and put it on your burger. I love getting a burger with avocado, lettuce, and onions. It tastes delicious!
10. Freeze and Make Popsicles- Blend up avocado, milk, honey, and lemon juice. Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds. You can dip them in chocolate for an extra special treat too.
11. Homemade Guacamole- All you need to make a delicious guacamole is a couple avocados, salt, lemon or lime juice and spices. You can add fresh tomatoes to make it even more flavorful too.
12 Avocado Smoothie- Add an avocado to your smoothie to get a boost in energy. Not only does it taste delicious, but you’ll get the health benefits of the nutrients and healthy fats.
13. Bacon Guacamole Deviled Egg- Take hard boiled eggs, scoop out the egg yolks and mix them with avocado, bacon, onion, and spices. Put a tablespoon of the mixture back in the egg white holes and enjoy.
14. Chip Dip- Mash up an avocado to use as a dip for your chips. You can use it plain or add a little salt or lemon juice for extra flavor.
15. Use it in Place of Butter in Baking Recipes – You can substitute avocados for butter in batter for any recipes, like cookies or cake.
Do you have any favorite uses for avocados or recipes?